Fighter or scout - Stardew Valley
You need to choose either fighter or scout when you reach level 5 on your combat skill.
Which profession is better?
Fighter vs scout
The fighter path :
- Fighter (level 5) - attacks deal 10% more damage and you get +15 HP
- Brute (level 10) - attacks deal 15% more damage
- Defender (level 10) - you get +25 HP
The scout path :
- Scout (level 5) - critical strike chance increased by 50%
- Acrobat (level 10) - cooldown on special moves cut in half
- Desperado (level 10) - critical strikes are deadly
Which is better?
Scout looks amazing on paper, but it is an increase of 50% of your current crit chance.
The base chance for critical strikes is 2%, so if you don’t use items or food to raise it, scout will bring you up to 3%. Which is only one critical strike every 33 hits.
Fighter on the other hand isn’t a game changer, but it is stable damage. 10% more base damage is also a better increase than 1% more base crit. And the small HP increase will let your take one more hit.
Better choice: fighter.